Posts Tagged ‘Hellboy’

h1

‘THE HULK’ TV Series Creative Team: GUILLERMO DEL TORO And DAVID EICK

November 16, 2010

THE INCREDIBLE HULK heading back to the small screen


Source: Deadline.com

GUILLERMO DEL TORO, the mastermind behind PAN’S LABYRINTH and the HELLBOY movie franchise, and BATTLESTAR GALACTICA executive producer DAVID EICK are finalizing a deal to create the new TV series version of THE HULK for ABC, which is being produced by Marvel TV and ABC Studios.

Read more HERE.

They’ll work together on the story for the pilot with Eick taking on the script. Del Toro will direct if available.

h1

‘THE HOBBIT’ Movies FINALLY Moving Forward- PETER JACKSON Directing

October 16, 2010

PETER JACKSON


Source: ComingSoon.net

The two films based on “The Hobbit” are now greenlit and will begin principal photography in February 2011, under the direction of Peter Jackson.

Read more HERE.

h1

GUILLERMO DEL TORO Quits ‘THE HOBBIT’ – “Conflicting Schedules” – Official Statement

May 31, 2010

GUILLERMO DEL TORO


Source: TheOneRing.net

More bad news for Hobbit fans. In addition to a delay in production announced just last week, director GUILLERMO DEL TORO is now saying he is withdrawing from as director due to “confliciting schedules” resulting from financial issues at MGM. Here’s the latest:

Guillermo Del Toro announced today that he is no longer directing the two movies based on J.R.R Tolkien’s “The Hobbit”, but will continue to co-write the screenplays.

“In light of ongoing delays in the setting of a start date for filming “The Hobbit,” I am faced with the hardest decision of my life”, says Guillermo. “After nearly two years of living, breathing and designing a world as rich as Tolkien’s Middle Earth, I must, with great regret, take leave from helming these wonderful pictures. I remain grateful to Peter, Fran and Philippa Boyens, New Line and Warner Brothers and to all my crew in New Zealand. I’ve been privileged to work in one of the greatest countries on earth with some of the best people ever in our craft and my life will be forever changed. The blessings have been plenty, but the mounting pressures of conflicting schedules have overwhelmed the time slot originally allocated for the project. Both as a co-writer and as a director, I wlsh the production nothing but the very best of luck and I will be first in line to see the finished product. I remain an ally to it and its makers, present and future, and fully support a smooth transition to a new director”.

Read producer PETER JACKSON’s response and more HERE.

——-
——-

h1

‘THE HOBBIT’ Delayed!! GUILLERMO DEL TORO Explains Why

May 28, 2010

GUILLERMO DEL TORO


Source: ComingSoon.net

Guillermo del Toro responded to questions about the state of The Hobbit, saying that the film does not have a start date, nor will it until MGM sorts out its financial troubles.

“It’s not greenlit,” said del Toro, “That’s categorical… We’ve been caught in a very tangled negotiation…There cannot be any start dates until the MGM situation gets resolved.

“We have designed all the creatures,” he said, “We’ve designed the sets and the wardrobe. We have done animatics and planned battles sequences….We are very, very prepared for when it is finally triggered.”

Read more HERE.

——-
——-

h1

‘THE HOBBIT’ Update: 3-D for Two Film Adaptation A Possibility Per GUILLERMO DEL TORO

March 3, 2010

'THE HOBBIT' director GUILLERMO DEL TORO


Source: TheOneRing.net

I wouldn’t read much on it just yet, but now, after all this time, after AVATAR doing the Box Office it did, we have had enquires from above about The Hobbit being in 3-D.

No impositions or heavy leaning. Just enquires. Just fulfilling my promise to let you all know if discussions ever started.


——-
——-

h1

‘THE HOBBIT’ Casting Information

December 14, 2009

GUILLERMO DEL TORO just might be looking for you


Source: Acting-Auditions.org

Think you have what it takes to be in the new Hobbit films? It helps if you live in New Zealand…

Casting is scheduled to begin next week, December 14, 2009, on the upcoming MGM Studios feature film “The Hobbit” Part 1. The project is now being developed as two films, and principal photography is tentatively scheduled to begin in New Zealand around May or June 2011. Please submit photos and resume by mail only. No phone calls or personal drop-offs.”

Principal Actor Casting:
Liz Mullane Casting
17 Taipakupaku Road
Karaka Bay
Wellington, New Zealand 6022

Extras Casting:
Miranda Rivers
PO Box 6479
Marion Square
Wellington, New Zealand 6022

More information HERE.

Remember to thank THRALL WORLD in your Oscar acceptance speech.

——-
——-

h1

THRALL WORLD’s Big ‘THE HOBBIT’ Update: Casting Begins This Week, “We’re Auditioning For Every Role” – PETER JACKSON

December 8, 2009

PETER JACKSON


Source: HeatVisionBlog.com

Casting on “The Hobbit” begins this week, with wide auditions expected for each part except Gandalf, which is being reserved for Ian McKellen, who played the wizard in “The Lord of the Rings” trilogy.

“We’re auditioning for every role,” [Producer Peter] Jackson said in an interview, adding he is a big believer in casting a wide net to better match actors with the roles.

Read more HERE on some juicy casting rumors – the big one being who will play Bilbo Baggins – and whether or not production on the film has been delayed as has been trickling over the web of late.

In other recent HOBBIT updates:

In a recent in-depth interview, GUILLERMO DEL TORO chatted about all kinds of things he hopes to accomplish in the two movie prequel to the LORD OF THE RINGS trilogy. Check that out HERE.

JOHN RHYS DAVIES recently confirmed he will NOT be reprising his role as GIMLI in the new movies. Find out why HERE.

What we do know for certain in casting news is:

Hobbit’ director Guillermo del Toro confirms that Hugo Weaving will be cast in the upcoming ‘Hobbit’ films. While he does not specifically say he is returning as Elrond, when speaking of Andy Serkis, Ian McKellen and Weaving he says, “…as the roles they originated in the trilogy.”

Read more on that HERE.

And finally, in case you missed it; 40 more minutes of LORD OF THE RINGS for you to check out if you’re like us and still haven’t gotten enough of TOLKEIN’s epic and just can’t wait for THE HOBBIT films.

Plot synopsis: Strider must hunt down Gollum to keep the Ring secret.

Directed by CHRIS BOUCHARD, THE HUNT FOR GOLLUM stars; Adrian Webster, Pat O’Connor, Arin Alldridge, Gareth Brough, Rita Ramnani, and Max Bracey.

Made by fans on a shoestring budget for free release on the internet.

More info at THE HUNT FOR GOLLUM Official website.

Check out the trailers below and the full movie for FREE at THIS LOCATION.



——-
——-

h1

GUILLERMO DEL TORO Talks ‘THE HOBBIT’ In New Interview

November 5, 2009

guillermo-del-toro

GUILLERMO DEL TORO


Source: TotalFilm.com

New interview with PAN’S LABYRINTHE, HELLBOY, and upcoming THE HOBBIT director, GUILLERMO DEL TORO.

GUILLERMO DEL TORO on what source material is being used for the two The Hobbit movies:

“We are respecting the structure established by Professor Tolkien…

…but we will be integrating Gandalf’s comings and goings because he does disappear in the book quite often.

So, as opposed to the book, we see where he goes and what happens to him…”

On interpreting characters such as; the dragon Smaug, the Spiders of Mirkwood, the Wargs, and Beorn the bear-man:

“Smaug has beautiful lines of dialogue; the Great Goblin has beautiful lines of dialogue; many creatures do. So we had to design them with a different approach because you are not just designing things that are scary.”

smaug_small

THE HOBBIT: The Dragon SMAUG

On Smaug specifically:

“I think one of the designs I’m the proudest of is Smaug.

Early in production I came up with a very strong idea that would separate Smaug from every other dragon ever made. The problem was implementing that idea. But I think we’ve nailed it.”

Read the entire interview HERE.

——-
——-

h1

PAN’S LABYRINTHE Director, GUILLERMO DEL TORO, In Talks To Direct ‘THE HOBBIT’

January 28, 2008

PAN’S LABYRINTHEThe Hobbit DVD Cover
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/hobbitnews.php?id=41329


The director of the Oscar-nominated ‘Pan’s Labyrinth’, Guillermo del Toro, is in talks to direct back-to-back installments of J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Hobbit, the prequel to the highly successful “Lord of the Ring’s”trilogy.

LOTR trilogy director Peter Jackson could not take on writing and directing roles due to other commitments, opting instead to become an executive producer with approval over creative elements of the pair of films.

Because of the strike, no writer has been hired as of yet to adapt Tolkien’s children’s classic.

Principal photography for the films, which will be shot simultaneously, is tentatively set for 2009. The release of the first film is slated for 2010 and the second in 2011.


——-
——-

How cool would that be? Del Toro is a true filmmaking artist.

And fyi, If you are a fan of PAN’S LABRYINTHE then you should have in your current plans, a trip to the theater to see Guillermo del Toro’s most recent movie ‘EL ORFANATO’ (THE ORPHANAGE). It’s fantastic!

——-
——-

%d bloggers like this: