BRANDON ROUTH: No longer expected to star in the next SUPERMAN movie - likely titled 'THE MAN OF STEEL'
Are we finally starting to see some real movement on a SUPERMAN movie? Maybe so. Here’s the latest:
* The talented David Stephen Goyer, the man who made sure Nolan stuck to the legend of [The] Dark Knight, has been hired to write the next chapter.
* Thomas Tull, the head of Legendary… went to Goyer and Goyer had an idea that actually takes the movies back to the John Byrne incarnation. Modern. Believable. FUN!
* The film will not be called Superman and will be called THE MAN OF STEEL.
* Brandon Routh will not star in the film.
* Bryan Singer is not expected to direct.
Rumored plot details: Goyer’s story involves Luthor and Brainiac. It is NOT an origin and assumes audiences already know about Lois, Clark, Jimmy and Perry. I know the Daily Planet is struggling due to the internet. And I know it sets up a huge Kryptonian mythology.
Also, re: the final word on rumors of MARK MILLER (WANTED) being involved:
…He was never even discussed to write it.
Read more HERE.
To update our previous post which stated Goyer was writing the new BATMAN 3 movie script:
Goyer is only helping in the story, he ain’t writing it. Just like The Dark Knight where he only helped with the story.
Read more on that HERE.